We hold so tightly to what we don't really have, grasping and gripping the invisible. I have seen ones who let go, a final breath lifts so easily, time slows, fear retreats, the letting go becomes the only truth, a holy moment, as every moment of that life was and yet only this one is recognized. And in that moment one can see they have nothing that can be held and it is finally ok to truly breathe. I close your eyes and am envious of your new freedom, your quiet body, your quiet mind. I wrap you up and make you look peaceful so the heavy hearts can come and say goodbye. I stand in the background a piece of furniture to lean on, something to grip and claw when the mind is over thrown. And all of their people labels mean nothing when reality comes. Versace tares as easily as your generic t shirt, It means nothing in this place of hurt. And in this space called life we live asleep, only awakening when we weep, the letting go, the realization of empty, holding on so tightly we finally release.Saturday, June 6, 2009
Letting Go
We hold so tightly to what we don't really have, grasping and gripping the invisible. I have seen ones who let go, a final breath lifts so easily, time slows, fear retreats, the letting go becomes the only truth, a holy moment, as every moment of that life was and yet only this one is recognized. And in that moment one can see they have nothing that can be held and it is finally ok to truly breathe. I close your eyes and am envious of your new freedom, your quiet body, your quiet mind. I wrap you up and make you look peaceful so the heavy hearts can come and say goodbye. I stand in the background a piece of furniture to lean on, something to grip and claw when the mind is over thrown. And all of their people labels mean nothing when reality comes. Versace tares as easily as your generic t shirt, It means nothing in this place of hurt. And in this space called life we live asleep, only awakening when we weep, the letting go, the realization of empty, holding on so tightly we finally release.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment