Thursday, June 25, 2009

At Your Feet ( A song I wrote)



Verse 1

I heard the day creak into night, watched the darkness chase the light.
I saw you sleeping there in your bed, a dream taking shape in your head.
You know I couldn't come to you as I am so I decided to change, as we all can. As we all can.
Mist through your mirror and I'm there, driven by intention.
Witchy bitch...but you know my real name and invited me in, In through your doorway.
You should have smelled me coming and now I'm in your head. You heard me when I whispered,
you knew what I had said, knew what I had said. And now....


Chorus 1

I am the white cat that sleeps at your feet, silver nails and silver teeth, blue eyes shining into
your darkness, I will watch for the bad things that crawl through your conscience. I am all I want to be when I'm here at your feet. I would let you use me, purr when you abuse me. I'm dime a dozen baby, but I'm yours if you want me.


Verse 2

I'm only as crazy as I choose to be, maybe I have to see things a little differently.
Am I a distraction or a hearts love impassioned by the promise of something new and real, something you cant wait to feel, there at your feet?
And from there I try to see myself through your eyes, don't know if I want to see it, don't know if I can be it, and what I see is an illusion because you don't really know me. Baby you don't really know me...yet,


Chorus 2

I am the white cat that sleeps at your feet, silver claws and silver teeth, blue eyes shining in your darkness. I will watch for the bad things that crawl through your conscience. I am all I want to be when I am here at your feet. I would let you use me and purr when you abuse me. I'm dime a dozen baby, but I'm yours when you want me.


Verse 3

I'm not a copy, I'm not your new start, I'm not the next bitch in line to break your fucking heart.
There is nothing left to say, take or leave me here, and here is where I'll stay...tonight.
I cant have half of you although I'm patient all the same, and I cant be the reason you finally go insane. Maybe you have had too many willing to love you and now it doesn't mean a thing, or maybe no one could do it the way that you need.
You know my heart isn't easy although my body may be, but once I decide to love you, its all that I will need. You can keep your gold and your things you let me hold, I'll take your heart because....


Chorus 3

I'm just the white cat that sleeps at your feet, silver nails and little silver teeth, blue eyes shining into your darkness. And I will watch for the demons that crawl through your dreams. I am all I want to be when I'm here at your feet. I would let you use me, smile when you abuse me, I'm dime a dozen baby, but I'm yours if you would keep me.


Verse 4

Its cold here, out in the night, theres nothing left to find, theres no one left to fight. Its just a dream, a hearts wish to be where the sun is. Maybe I will find it if I keep on trying. I know its too much to ask, its too much to give, and I'm a joke that has no punch line, so anti climactic.
But its OK, we are all the same, looking for the impossible on a ride that never ends. And I will be right here, waiting like I do, and you will be where you want to be...where you should. But....


Chorus 4

I am the white cat that sleeps at your feet, silver nails and silver teeth, blue eyes shining into your darkness. I will watch for the bad things that crawl through your conscience.
I am all I want to be when I am here at your feet. I would let you use me, smile when you abuse me, I'm dime a dozen, dime a dozen, dime a dozen, I know.... But I'm yours if you want me.


1 comment:

  1. I love this and would really like to hear you sing it some time.

    ReplyDelete